Monday, July 8, 2013

Best week thus far on my mission!‏

So as you can tell by my headline that this week was sooooooo good. First off, Happy 4th of July! I hope that despite the warmth your 4th was still way good! Mine was, we sang American songs and the weather was nice and I got my package! (Thanks mom!) And also on the 4th it was my 100th day on a mission, how convenient!
1st package from home full of comfort and love.
 So I don’t really know where to start off this week. This email might be pretty crazy and un-organized. So Sister Hulet is amazing! We get along so well and she is so fun and I just love her to bits! I feel bad because she doesn't know anyone here so she has just had to follow me around, as if I know where I am going. I think I have gotten us lost a billion times! Anyway so we saw Mac on Tuesday, but we weren’t able to get a joint teach so we just shared a wee message with him and then rescheduled for Wednesday. So we met with him Wednesday and it was good, he still doesn’t know if God is there but he has been reading the Book of Mormon, so that’s good. We met with Mary (who was a lady that the elders were teaching) this week, and she said that she was just going to stick with the Catholic religion :(  It made me so sad, especially because I know that she has had revelation that The Church of Jesus Christ is true, but you know there is nothing you can do. I just testified to her that I know that the church is the one true church. When I told the Elders that she dropped us also they were pretty sad as well. I love her but what can you do? Anyway then we had our usual appointment with Sister Allan which was great!  Before we met with her though we had some time to kill because we got to the area a bit early so we chapped nearby and met this young man who talked to us and was asking all these questions and said that he wanted to get rid of the guilt he has felt from things that he has done, and so we set up an appointment with him for the next day. Then the next day we were doing some finding and such and we were at a bus stop waiting for a bus and he happened to be driving by and pulled over and was like "hey Sister's!" and he confirmed our appointment with him that night. So that was cool. He is 24 and his name is Kieran, he has a wee boy and another one on the way. Our lesson with him was good, a bit sporadic because he asked a lot of questions but then he set up another appointment with us for this week. So I am excited he seems like he genuinely wants to get closer to God.

The Sisters 
Right so we ended up chapping this street that was golden! We got a bunch of people who are potential investigators. Including one day that we continued chapping this street and we chapped on this woman’s door and for some reason I felt like I needed to tell her about Joseph Smiths vision. So we did! On her doorstep we gave the whole story of Joseph Smith and his vision. She then said that it seemed really interesting and that she has been to a lot of churches and had recently been praying to God that she would be led to the right church. And we chapped her door! :D So she set up a time on Friday to come over and chat. So on Friday when we went over we shared the beginning of the restoration lesson and then we played the DVD since we had already been through Joseph Smith's vision. Her daughter Victoria is like 15 and is really interested in religion and she sat in. After we showed them the video we talked a bit about it, and they said they really liked it. They said that they liked how simple our church seemed! Anyway we invited them to church and they seemed like they were definitely planning on coming, but they didn’t. :-/ I phoned them and Victoria said she was sick. So hopefully they will come this week.
Thursday we had a lesson with Victor, and because of a situation we were way late. I tried phoning him but his phone was off, so we showed up and he was just about to leave, so we had a wee lesson with him and I tried really hard to tell him how important it was so come to church and read and keep the commitments that we give him, because obviously we don’t just give commitments willy nilly! Anyway he still didn't come to church this week :( And he hadn’t read yet when I talked to him, so we will see if he has read and if he hasn't we will read with him and I don’t know....we will figure it out. Go by the spirit!

Christine in her 4th of July outfit, she removed the lipstick. (said it was too flashy)
Well as if we hadn't had enough blessings from God, he sent us another wee family that wanted to learn from us. We chapped on their door on a different street, his name is Ross and his partners name is Lauren. They have two kids. Anyway we chapped on his door and talked about how we can find answers like where we came from and where we are going, and he said "does anyone have those answers" and we said that we can help him find those answers through God. And so he invited us over for the next day. The next day we went and we had a really good lesson with them. They really listened to us and were answering questions. We tried really hard to teach the plan of salvation simply and because we did that we were able to teach it all at once. We gave him the commitment to read the plan of salvation pamphlet and pray about it. And he said he would, and so we taught him how to pray about it. And right before we left he goes "wait how do I end my prayer again?" :) It made me so happy and really made me feel like he would actually pray to know, so we have another appointment set up with them as well!

So in total we gained 5 new investigators this week! It has been so exciting! God has blessed us with this opportunity to teach his children who have been previously prepared. To be honest I feel a bit inadequate, and nervous that God trust me to teach these blessed children of his. Honestly I am a little nervous I might screw up this really fantastic opportunity. But its ok, I know that with Sister Hulet by my side and if we focus on teaching with the spirit and being guided by the spirit it will all be ok, whether or not they accept the gospel, that’s their choice, but as long as I know I am doing everything humanly possible then I can be satisfied. :)

Having this week has made missionary work 10x more exciting for me. I feel bad saying this but when I wasn't seeing any success before it was really hard, and it was hard loving missionary work. But now that I have had a little taste of the reward of working hard I am just so excited to be a missionary, and I have even more drive now to work hard so that I have all the possible opportunity to help these people come to Christ! Essentially that is what our life is all about isn't it; working hard so that we can have a grander reward in the end. Even this reward of having a great week is only a tiny, tiny fraction of the type of reward we will have when we have done all we can and in the end get to return to our Heavenly Father. I don’t know about you but I am so willing to put in all that effort for the next 75ish years, if it means I can feel 10000x more happy than I am now. :) I love being a missionary and I love this work and I know that it is all true. That everything I testify to people on a daily basis is true. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church, Joseph Smith was a true prophet and the Book of Mormon is a true book. I know it
Thanks for all your prayers and I would love for your prayers that our lessons with these people will be guided by the spirit and that these people may be brought closer to Christ. I love you all, Enjoy Life!
Cheers
Love
Sister Watt

Pictures:
1) Me and my package!
2) Me on the 4th, except I didn’t wear the red lipstick out, it is too flashy

3) Sister Hulet and I

No comments:

Post a Comment