Sunday, August 25, 2013

Yeah! P-day!


8/12/13
Yes she is....
To whom it may concern, (I am in a really silly mood)

So I just realized I forgot my planner from my last transfers, because with each new transfer we get a new planner, so now I am really struggling trying to remember what we did all week.
It was another one of those chapping 24/7 weeks; although we found 2 really promising potential investigators, so that is good. We told them we would phone in a week so they have an opportunity to look over the Book of Mormon. 
Just a super fancy home from P-day.

As I said before (previous letter) we helped move the Ross' into their new home on Monday.  I never thought I would say this but I love doing stuff like that, I love gardening, and weeding, and washing windows, and moving people, and all that stuff I used to hate to do. There is something that a mission does to you; I think it might have something to do with doing the same thing every day and having to wear a skirt while doing it. Haha Dad I know what you are thinking, "I sure hope that stays, so when she gets home she can actually be of some use" and I sure hope it does too, but chances are it will fade when I realize that I don’t have to wear a skirt every day and I can listen to music and go do more fun things. Don’t get me wrong I love missionary work, but sometimes it’s nice to have a break to serve someone. Wednesday was our p-day. Sister Hulet and I just hung out together all day instead of going to Glasgow. We practiced some football, so I am pretty sure I will be pretty good at euro football when I get home. Haha actually I probably won’t.

Oh sorry on Tuesday we met with Marie and Victoria. Our lessons are now into the "Nitty gritty" and they have just been so good. I am constantly amazed at how prepared they have been to accept this gospel. They already don't do all the things we ask them not to, they don’t drink, or smoke, or anything. It’s such a blessing, and I thank God every day for the wonderful blessing, and the opportunity that I have to be a part of their conversion. They are still headstrong for the 24th of August, they know that Satan is trying them but they are staying strong. It was great, we were about to bring up keeping the Sabbath day holy, and I asked them what that phrase meant to them and Marie told us that they have just recently decided to change the way they treat Sundays and they listed out all the things they decided to change and it was everything that we were going to teach. The spirit is so strong in their lives that it is already teaching them, and they haven't even received the gift of the Holy Ghost yet! I am just constantly amazed.

On Thursday we met with them also and we had a really good discussion and they were so nice to make us dinner. We gave them a talk from Elder Holland teaching that basically Satan works on your fears and to stay committed to the original spirit you felt, we gave them this so that they can prepare to fight against Satan. They listened to it when we left and they said they loved it. :) I am just so proud and happy for them!
Let’s see, we did a lot of “less active” contacting this week, so it’s been interesting. Getting a lot of doors slammed. It makes me so sad, and it’s so hard for me to comprehend how these people leave the church. I know that everyone has their weaknesses and trials. But it says in the scriptures that through God our weaknesses can become strengths and our trials can become learning experiences. It honestly just breaks my heart to see these people who once had the gospel in their lives and it’s no longer there. I feel very fortunate for the family and the support I have had in my life. Here in Scotland that support isn't there. If you’re not Catholic, you’re Protestant, if you’re not Protestant or Catholic your weird, and if you’re a Mormon you have 9 wives and you have joined a cult. It’s so sad but it’s true.

Marie and Victoria didn't come to church this week because Marie was sick but they will be there next week and they asked us to tell them what they missed at church on Tuesday. Well I am running short on time because I emailed a lot of people today, I’m so popular! ;) Actually there was this girl in our zone who was saying how she doesn't receive very many letters, and then she followed that comment by saying only like one a day. I just about died inside! In my head, I’m like,   "yeah I don’t receive very many letters either, only like 17 a day and a few packages every week." Sorry this isn't an attack on anyone, I just thought about it, to be honest I really don’t like handwriting so I am fine with receiving emails. I just thought that was hilarious.

Oh also Sister Hulet and I got hit on more this week than usual, by a few 10 year olds, an old man, and a drunk man who thought he was Jesus......so that's exciting. Also this guy answered the door with a robe on, and it was open. I was thinking to myself "don’t look down; don’t look down, don’t look down." And I was just like "hey you want to learn about Jesus" and he said no, and I was like ok

bye, and I half walked half ran away. So those are my interesting stories for the week. I love you all! Be happy and be good and have a good week! Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight. ;)


Sister Watt

No comments:

Post a Comment