Sunday, January 19, 2014

Upcoming Holiday!

Just a internet photo of Kirkcaldy, Scotland
                                                                                                                                  January 6, 2014

So fun news! I am going into Edinburgh Friday night and staying at the mission home, and then on Saturday morning President and Sister Brown are taking Sister Jacques and I to Kirkcaldy (which is in Fyfe area and next to the sea).The Kirkcaldy ward is having this 50th anniversary of the church building being built and so the Bishop asked President Brown if I could come over because George D Watt was the first missionary there. So yeah, he is also inviting like diplomats and stuff, so it’s cool that I am being ranked right up there with the big dawgs! I am pretty excited, it sounds like it’s going to be fun!
The Kirkcaldy LDS Chapel
So that was my big news! Now with the few days since I last emailed! Saturday, we have zone interview training, so I was able to meet with President and in the meeting there was a lot of talk about being more persistent, which I thought was really good, and a good reminder for me as well! Then Sunday we went to church, Paul bailed on us again...so we will see what happens with him in the future, it’s really too bad because I feel like he has been really prepared.

But good news! We got a new investigator on Sunday. Her name is Caitlin and she is a YSA in university. We chapped her door a couple of weeks ago and she said to come back after she was done with her exams. So we have tried by like 3 times and yesterday was the 3rd time and she was home, and she let us in! We didn’t have much time but we just had a short chat about how she will know truth through the Holy Ghost, and we gave her a Book of Mormon and we have a return appointment! So that is exciting, I love working with younger people because they are usually attracted to the forward thinking of the church and they aren’t as set in their ways, so they are willing to change! So we are definitely excited for her.

We also met with Seda and the Smiths, both less actives and I feel like we had a really good talk with them, there are a lot of less actives to work with here in East Kilbride, so it’s been good getting to know all the different members and how they joined the church and what struggles they have and just to hear their testimony. It’s amazing and inspiring, yet sometimes sad at the same time that they aren’t strengthening themselves spiritually by going to church or reading their scriptures and so forth.

And now it’s Monday, so that’s all I really have to say! Haha today I get to see Maria and Victoria from Hamilton, they are coming to East Kilbride and taking Sister Jacques and I out to lunch! So I am excited for that. Well I hope everyone has a great week, and I love you all! Thanks for all the prayers!

Sister Watt


No comments:

Post a Comment