Sunday, July 20, 2014

Exhaustion is good...right? ‏

                                                                                                           June 9, 2014

 This has by far been the busiest week of my mission, and possibly life...well maybe not, but mission for sure! 

Well, I am going to wiz through this week because I have a lot to talk about and as always never enough time. After emailing on Tuesday us and the Sisters from Stornoway went out and blitzed the area. I was with Sister Valadez and we were able to get an appointment set up with someone we met on the street, and he was really interested. So we set that up with him for Friday. His name is Alexander, to be continued with him. We also were able to meet with MIchael, his friend didn’t show up though, but that is ok, we needed to teach Michael anyway because he is recent convert who hasn’t been to church in a while. We then had choir practice and met with Davy another Recent convert (RC). That lesson was not bad, but probably could have gone better. Sister Jones and I finished planning and practiced our instruction Tuesday night so we could be 100% for Wednesday.

So we got a train into Glasgow on Wednesday and sat in on all of Glasgow Zones Interview Training. They split up the zone in 2 groups and had an earlier session and then a general session (with all the zone, that’s where Sister Jones and I taught) and then the second group had their individual session. Basically what I am trying to say is that we heard the zone leaders present their instruction twice and the assistants as well. Our instruction went really good, we talked about strengthening our recent converts and less active members by working through our ward mission leader. We based it all off of a quote by president Hinkley in PMG that basically says all recent converts need 3 things, friendship, an assignment, and nourishment from the word. We called it the FAN process and invited all of them to use that process and make specific plans with their ward mission leader. So that was our instruction.

I got to see Sister Firth on Wednesday as well so that was good! Then after that we taught Jason and that was really good, he really is coming along great, and hopefully we can get him with a baptism date soon. Then we met with Andrew and Declan who are also coming along really well. Thursday we did the exact same thing except with the Paisley zone. So we saw different zone leaders give a similar instruction as the Glasgow zone leaders, and we saw both times. And also saw the assistant give their instruction, by the end of it all I could practically quote the assistants instruction! Haha Then we had a ward activity that we attended and met with Amanda Donnelly, we are going to get her on the stop smoking program this week, so that will be good. Friday Sister Jones and I put our instruction into practice and used the FAN process with our ward mission leader and it went really well! Then we had lunch with a member and then went on exchanges with the Sisters in Ayr. I stayed here with Sister Oliphant. I guess with this new assignment I am expected to learn this area super-fast! It wasn’t bad though, I didn’t get us too lost. But it was a good exchange. We taught the potential we found, Alexander. He has a lot of knowledge of random stuff and talks a lot, so it was a really frustrating lesson, but he set up another one. We will just really need him to read the Book of Mormon to get a testimony, or else he won’t be convinced, he has way too many solidified views based off of science! Anyway, it was alright though.

Saturday we did a lot of AUF chapping, and the weather was terrible and we were soaked! I haven’t been that wet since the beginning of my mission. Seriously drenched from head to toe, dripping water from my coat pockets and off my nose! But we found a potential from it, so it is worth it! Then we had dinner at a members, Lorna, and then taught her friend Randy.

Then Sunday we had church, weekly planned, because we couldn’t do it any other day, skyped the Stornoway Sisters for a wee bit and had dinner at Lorna's again, and then we had a really really good lesson with Andrew and Declan, they are currently praying if they should get baptized! So that will be good! Anyway, so that was really watered down. Basically I have been exhausted all week but I feel like this is the hardest I have worked ever! And God has blessed us for our hard work. We did so well with numbers, and I don’t know how because we didn’t have nearly as much time in the week than we usually do! Somehow, despite Zone Development Day, 2 Zone Interview Trainings, 2 Exchanges, and only a half day on Tuesday, Sister Jones and I managed to exceed our Standard of Excellence with Joint Teaches, we were shooting for 6 but got 8, had 2 investigators at church and got one new investigator!

I don’t know how we did it......false I do. God has blessed us so much this week and I just can’t thank him enough. I may have been physically exhausted and spiritually and mentally exhausted, but at the same time I feel like I didn’t do anything because He provided all the opportunities! I truly am amazed at the power of faith and hard work! Anyway so that was my big week, it should be calming down a bit this next week so that will be good. I hope everyone else had a great week. I love you all and thanks for all the prayers and love! Have a great week and get involved in some missionary work this week! It is so exciting and really lifts you up!


Sister Watt

No comments:

Post a Comment