Sunday, July 20, 2014

I am still flying high from Skyping yesterday!‏

                                                                                                                                      May 12, 2014
 Hey lovely family! 

I absolutely loved skyping yesterday! I am still so excited about it, and its already passed! I couldn’t fall asleep last night because I couldn’t stop thinking about my family. It’s good I have this p-day to refocus my mind before I get back into missionary mode. I just can't believe how much the kids have grown and how good everything seems to be going. I am sure there are struggles in everyone’s lives but to me you all looked well and happy! So thanks for faking it if you weren't. :) I pray every day for my family and I hope that my prayers are helping a little! I love you all so much and while I am trying my hardest to stay focused I can’t help but to look forward to the day that I get to not only see everyone but be with everyone either all together or families individually!

This week was alright. Fortunately we got all these new investigators last week, but unfortunately they all seemed to be busy this week. It is always nerve racking when you can’t see investigators for a week because you always get nervous about what kind of mischief Satan could be getting up to that spirit/missionary lesson free week he has. We did get two new investigators this week. A man named Alistair and a girl named Mharhi. So that is exciting. We were able to have FHE at Granny Greens for the first time in a few weeks because we weren’t having anyone attend we had to stop doing them. But a former investigator that was almost baptized a while back decided to take a break from investigating for a while but is now back to wanting to learn so he called Granny Green asking if FHE is still going, so now that we have an attendee we were able to get it going again. Hopefully we will be able to get some of our investigators to go in the future.

The lesson with Alistair was on Tuesday and it was pretty good. We talked to him about the restoration and he had a lot of questions and likes to look up things on the internet, which could pose a problem, but we made sure that he understood that there was a lot of anti-Mormon doctrine and if he ever had any questions that he asks us. He had a point where he was like "yeah I read the intro and it said something about the Lamanites and Nephites, so I am interested to see what I can find on the internet about them." So in the politest way I could manage I just said, "Well if you want to learn about the Nephites and Lamanites, just read the Book of Mormon, because like the introduction says, it’s all about them!" Haha.

On Wednesday we had a Scotland West Conference, so all the people in the Glasgow zones and Paisley zones came together. It was really good and I learned a lot about things to improve. They are pushing for doing family history finding again and have now designated for us to take an hour out on Wednesday mornings to work on our family history, so mum if you want to give me an assignment or something each week to do so that I can learn more about it I would love that, because whenever I go on the family history website I just stare at it like an eegit (Scottish for idiot). Anyway, after that we saw the Watson’s and it was good. We have been reading out of the kids Book of Mormon reader with them so that the kids can learn and get more out of it. It has been good!

You know what; quick detour of my week, one thing I have learned on my mission is that I love teaching; which is really good that I have found that out, considering I wanted to be a teacher! So that is a big bonus for my mission!

OK back on track. Thursday we went on exchanges with Hamilton. And I went to Hamilton! And as per usual on Thursday's the sisters go to have dinner at Marie and Victoria Devine’s (if you can’t remember they are the ones that Sister Hulet and I were able to baptize), so I surprised them. It was really good. I was actually really nervous about seeing them because I am no longer in Hamilton, and sometimes on exchanges, because it’s not your area you struggle finding inspiration to say things in lessons because it’s just not your assigned area, and not your assigned people. But it went good. Marie has been struggling lately and is now considered Less Active, but she wants to get back to church and she said that she also got a letter from Sister Hulet this week so between Sister Hulet’s Letter and my visit she felt like God had answered her prayers and she felt the spirit. So that was nice to hear. She wants to work towards going to the temple for baptisms. Victoria has been less active for a while now, much longer than her mum, and it makes me sad, but she is just completely closed off. All I can hope is that Marie will set an example for her and she will soften her heart. I also got to see Jean McGilligan in Hamilton, she is a less active that we visited often and I loved in Hamilton. It was good seeing her; she is just as cheeky as ever! Friday we were able to visit Christine and watch a movie, Legacy, with her. And she made us her awesome pear crumble! Christine is an amazing cook! Then we had dinner at the McNally's.

So Saturday there was a helping hands service project, but the rule was that we couldn’t go unless we got a ride. But the only person going from our ward was Steven McNally, who was taking the Elders to the usual Saturday morning football with less actives and investigators and such and then they were going to the service. Well girls aren’t aloud at this football game so we were desperately trying to find someone who was going to the service thing, but then Steven felt bad and asked permission to bring us. So we went to play football, and we didn’t do half bad. I just played defense, it was like a real football game. Haha. Anyway I was about to head butt a ball and I miscalculated the arch of the ball and I kind of face butt the ball! Haha it hit my nose pretty good and my nose is still tender, but I had some really good moments, and we were told we could come back anytime. But we probably won’t, because there is still this "no girls aloud" feeling about it all; which is dumb. Anyway the weather was great for football and the service project and it rained in the in between times, which is convenient. Then we saw Brother Graham afterwards and Sister Procter. By the end of that day Sister Firth and I were just completely exhausted and I slept like a rock!

And then we had Sunday which was awesome because I got to talk to you! So it that was my week.  Hopefully I will have more exciting things to tell you about investigators next week, but until then I hope you all have a great week! Next week we get moves call, so I may be telling you that I am off to a new destination or staying. We will see, but I love you all and talk to you later. 

Sister Watt


P.S. Don’t forget you all have an assignment, I need updated pictures of all my family members and their spouses and nieces and nephews. Catherine already sent some, she is on the ball! There’s a ball, and she is on it. Hahahah :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment